Our Client is urgently seeking to recruit an Assistant Estimator to be based at their production facility near Tuxford Newark. Ideally we require someone with a background in the precast concrete industry but will consider suitable candidates with a background in Estimating or as a Junior QS in the civils sector as the key requirements are an ability to read drawings and BOQ's and have excellent IT skills.
This is a full time permanent role to start as soon as possible with a competitive salary on offer for the right candidate.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an expanding business which works with and services the construction and building industries. Our Client design, manufacture and build ready-made and bespoke products and are currently working on a number of exciting projects that require a good level of design input and development.
* Preparing quotations in line with customers' enquiries, the companies standard response formats and commercial requirements.
* Maintaining records of enquiries.
* Coordinating with suppliers to ensure the accuracy of quotations.
* Contribution to the development of the company's commercial response.
* Accuracy and presentation of quotation submissions.
* Timeliness of response to customer enquiries.
* Contribution to the company's overall sales and marketing effort.
Key requirements include
* Technical knowledge of the construction industry (ideally of precast concrete).
* The ability to communicate at all levels of business, both internally and externally.
* The ability to read drawings and accurately prepare estimates for competitive submission.
* A confident approach to problem solving.
* Excellent competence in MS Excel, Outlook and Word and sound general computer skills.